Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Last Lecture


Hi, everyone. I'm Yumika from EDC3. Classes start tomorrow.
Today I want to introduce the book named 'The Last Lecture' written by Rand Pausch.
The writer was a professor of Carnegie Mellon University. He had been diagnose with pancreatic cancer. That cancer is a terminal cancer, so his last lecture at his university bacame a last lecture of his life.
I watched his lecture on Youtube before. It was a little bit difficult to catch some English words sometimes, but the lecture was really great. I'm so impressed. This book is about that lecture. I could learn a lot of important things for my life from this book. I think this book will change your life and the way of our thiking about our life.
He gave his last lecture at his university, but it was not about a death or cancer, he gave lecture about such as dream and love.
In this book, I like the story of ' Be the first penguin'. In this story, he tells us the importance of challenge new things and the value of failures. I thought I followed his advice and change a small things in my daily life, my life might change better.
There is more great stories in this book, so if you are looking for a great book, I'll recommed this 'The last lecture'. I already read this book twice, but still can learn new important things every time I read this book. This book is a bible for my life.

No comments: