Friday, September 25, 2009

"The Last Lecture" book review

Hi, this is Rika from EDC3.
I read "The Last Lecture" during this summer.
This book is very famous, but I didn't know before I read that.
This "The last Lecture" author Randy Pausch got cancer and he left message that he want to tell people and his children.

In this book, there are many good ideas for my life.
When he knew his life is very short, he didn't felt gloomy.
He was trying to be positive.
If I get cancer and I notice I will die soon, I can't think positive way like Randy Pausch.
I think I feel sad and mad, and I will cry every day.
Randy have very strong heart and he always thought things good way.
I felt surprise for his way of thinking, but I want to be like Randy.

When I read this book, I saw one phrase that I couldn't forget.
"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity".
This means luck is not just luck. You have to prepare and when you get oppertunity, you will get luck.
I saw Amazon, and I found that person wrote same phrase and commented about this.
The person also impressed his way of thinking, too.

I want to live my life without regret like Randy Pausch.
I didn't see the Randy Pausch's lecture movie in You Tube, but I want to see his lecture some day.

1 comment:

yumika said...

"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity" Yes!!! preparation is important! I like this words too!