Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Book Review "The Mosquito Coast"


Hello, everyone!
This is Sachiko from EDC1.

I read three books in English in this summer vacation. I showed the first one I read before. But one of three books is difficult for me. So I show you the book which I could understand.

The book is called “The Mosquito Coast” written by Paul Theroux. The level of this book is 4, Intermediate level, by Penguin Readers. I want to tell you the story of “The Mosquito Coast”.

The main character is the man called Allie Fox who is an inventor. And he thought he is right. He hates America and the 20th century. So he goes to the jungle which is not modern with his wife and children. He expected better or simpler life there. Then he tries to make a new life there. It is his dream. However, it is not easy to realize his dream. Also, their opinion conflict with his family.

I thought about conflict between civilized life and uncivilized life from this book. In addition, I thought about personality like Allie Fox.

I could not tell the story well...
But I think the story tells people many things.
Also, you can enjoy the story on the movie, too!!

Thank you.

No comments: