Saturday, August 22, 2009

International Education Seminar!!



Hi, everyone. I'm Kasumi from EDC3.

How have you been?
On last 2 weeks, I attended to International Education Seminar for high school students held by SIR(Shizuoka Association for International Relations). High school students in Shizuoka and exchange students from 15 countries came to Yaizu Youth Center on August 11th to 13th. I was one of the staffs as a part of internship.


There were about 85 people including staffs. I can't say how fun the seminar was though, I think lots of them felt same as me. We had discussion, presentation, campfire, trading game and JICA's performance. Some of the participants were Japanese-Brazilian, and they presented how they came to Japan, the difficulty to have job in Japan, their identity and how we can live in a community without prejudice for people who have different skins.


I really felt the internship was great! This seminar changes my thought to communicate with people. I suppose I will never give up getting job!!

1 comment:

yumika said...

HI, This is Yumika. Aww:) It looks so much fun. My internship at HICE starts soon. I hope you enjoyed this internship. Talk to you soon, Kasumi!