Monday, August 31, 2009

Book Review "Women in Business"


Hello everyone. This is Yuka from EDC 1. I post a first book review.
In this summer, I read the book called “Women in Business” written by David Evans. First, I noticed the book cover with Madonna. She is very famous women in the world. This book tell us five successful women; Coco Chanel, Hanae Mori, Anita Roddick, Oprah Winfrey and Madonna. All stories are fact. I would talk about Coco Chanel’s story. She said, “Fashion is not just about dresses; fashion is something in the air. Fashion is in the sky, the street. Fashion is about ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”
Originally, she worked for a nightclub as a singer and got a chance in there. She met a rich man and borrowed much money to open a shop in Paris. She changed the idea and made new style of fashion. For example, Coco’s skirts were much shorter than dresses women wore so that they work easily. She hoped clothes that allowed women to move around freely. After that, her business grew and grew. Coco’s perfume, jewelry and simple suit were popular. In her life, she got chances thanks of meeting people.
Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

akane said...

Hi, this is Akane from EDC1.

This book looks so interesting.
I like watching non-fiction drama and story, I'm interested in this book!

asae said...

Hi Yuka!
I've heard some names of 5 women in this book before!
They are so famous.
I want to read and know reasons of success!!

Asae