Monday, August 31, 2009

Book Review


Hi! This is Sayaka from EDC1.
How is your summer vacation?

I have read a book, “Through the looking-glass”. It’s level3. This book was written by Lewis Carroll. He wrote “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland” too.
I want to tell you about this story.

A heroine of this story is Alice, of course! Next the Wonderland, She gets through the glass. It’s the world of chess there. Alice advances the squares to get to the Eighth Square. In Eighth Square, she can become a White Queen. Alice meets some characters until she becomes a Queen. They are Tweedledee and Tweedledum, Humpty Dumpty and the Lion and the Unicorn and so on. At the end, Alice becomes a White Queen! But nice dream doesn’t continue, and she wakes up.

This story is a little hard for the person who doesn’t know the game of chess. I read this with difficulty. But this is nice story! I recommend you.

Thank you. Have a nice vacation!

1 comment:

miharu said...

Hello Sayaka. I'm Miharu from EDC3.
Thank you for your post.
I red this story befor and I like this story too.
I like this story we can image who's dream is this story, King or Alic different from "Alice's adventure in wonderland".

Anyway, have a good summer vacation.