Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Wonderful Day!

Hi, I'm YUMIKO. How are you, everyone??
I want to report the great trip to Kamakura on 11th to you!
I went there with three my co-workers of part-time job.


- Lunch at an Italian restaurant -

We got on the Enoshima electric railway at Fujisawa, and we arrived at Shichirigahama Stataion. We ate lunch at an Italian restaurant that be able to see the beautiful sea!! The restaurant was a little luxurious for me, but I had a very good time there!



- The Great Buddha of Kamakura -

We visited the Kotoku-In to see the Daibutsu. I've been there when I was an elementary school student, but I didn't understand good points to sightsee the great Buddha... However, this time, I was deeply affected by the sight! That's the evidence that I got older!?

I bought an English book about the Daibutsu, and I studied some things with reading. I want to tell everyone interesting information!
Do you know that the Daibutsu has a curl like a mole on the forehead? It's made of pure silver, and it weighs about 216kg!! In addition, the great Buddha is believed to emit rays of light from the mole to illuminate all the words in the universe!!!
I did never know that... Can you believe it?

- The data for the great Buddha of Kamakura -
1) Weight 121.00t
2) Height 13.35m
3) Face 2.35m
4) Eye 1.00m
5) Ear 1.90m
6) Mouth 0.82m


- Starbucks in Onarimachi -

Starbucks!! That was our main purpose to visit Kamakura this time. Starbucks in Onarimachi is different from others, for example, a kind of cakes. Besides, scones and cookies are always baked at the shop! A villa of a Japanese comic artist was rebuilt and changed to the Starbucks.
We really relaxed and stayed there for about two hours.



I had been imagining that Kamakura was crowded with lots of people all the time, but the place has been comfortable so much! I wanna go Kamakura again someday!!!

I'm waiting for your good news.
See you

1 comment:

Thomas Pals said...

Yumiko,

Thanks for the photos and information. It was very interesting to read about your trip.