Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Brilliant Trip to TOKYO

Hello, everyone! How are you? I'm YUMIKO.
I enjoy reading your posts all the time!! Each of you have spent wonderful summer break!

By the way, I want to tell you my four days' trip to Tokyo this time.
I've stayed at my sister's house from 18th to 22th.



- Tokyo Midtown -

Tokyo Midtown is a compound area. It has a large garden and six buildings; They contain several shops, restaurants, offices, a hotel, an art gallery, etc.
My sister and I had lunch and cups of coffee at my favorite cafe DEAN & DELUCA (http://www.deandeluca.co.jp/).

Tokyo Midtown was so luxurious and elegant!



- LaLaport TOYOSU -

LaLaport TOYOSU is a shopping center at Toyosu.
It has many shops, restaurants, a movie theater and Kidzania (http://www.kidzania.jp/).
Do you know "Kidzania"?
It's the place that children work at lots of companies, they earn money (but, money is not real), and they get their want.
That's the great opportunity for children to experience and understand the importance for working and money!
Of course, my sister and I couldn't go to Kidzania... We wished we had been elementary school students!

After we walked around the building, we went to the doughnuts' shop Lil' Donuts (http://www.lildonuts.com/).
Accoring to the name, each doughnut was so small! You can buy 8 plain donuts at 350 yen, and if you like 8 flavored donuts, you need to pay 400 yen.
Flavors were cinnamon, caramel & nuts, chocolate & nuts, milk & coconuts, etc.

Toyosu, the area has been being developed. Therefore, it wasn't dirty and cramped like the city, Tokyo yet. I liked the sector very much!!






- Ebisu Garden Place -
On the way back from lunch at very famous hamburg steak restaurant Ore No Hamburg Yamamoto (http://trust-navi.com/ore/index.shtml), we visited Ebisu Garden Place.



We drank cups of coffee at McCafe (http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/mccafe/top.html).
There are only 15 shops everywhere in Japan!


- Tokyo Disney Sea -

On the last day, we went to Tokyo Disney Sea!!
It was sooo hot the day, and there were no clouds.
My sister and I love machines like jet coasters that make us scream! Therefore, we concentrated on riding them.

We tried Jorney to the Center of the Earth four times, Indiana jones Adventure once, Venetian Gondolas once, and Tower of Terror three times!
Our favorites were Venetian Gondolas and Tower of Terror.
- "Venetian Gondolas" was not a scream machine, but it was so fun!
A man rowed toward the harbor, so an attraction oparated by hands was rare.
Besides, we prayed to the gods for our desire at the under one bridge.

- "Tower of Terror" was really exciting!! It was like free fall!
The below pictures were the building of Tower of Terror. The height was 59m.
Can you see four half circled windows?

We fell down from there! In addition, the tower's color changed to weird blue and purple...

I'm 21 years old now, but to visit a never-never land is really interesting however old I get.




Wow! I have to go SUAC on 28th, so it has been 3 days later...
I'm really looking forward to seeing you at SUAC!

See you

1 comment:

Thomas Pals said...

Yumiko, What happened to all your great pictures? It looks like you have been having so much fun this summer.