Friday, September 14, 2007

Nice Trip to KYOTO

Hi, everyone! I'm YUMIKO. How have you been??
I'm so happy to hear you enjoy the break! However, there're two weeks left for the vacation...

By the way, I went to Kyoto with my friend Yuri!


- On September 6th -

We went to the Kiyomizu Temple and the Kibune Shrine. Of course, everyone knows the Kiyomizu Temple, but how about the Kibune Shrine? It is very famous for the god of matchmaking, that's Cupid!



We tried omikuji (our fortune drawn by lot). The way for omikuji was really interesting and unique!! First, we paid 200 yen and chose one sheet of paper from a mountain of omikuji. Secondly, we floated the paper on the water, then letters started to appear! That was really exciting!!!


- On September 7th -

We went to Arashiyama today.

First, we tried a footbath that was connected to Arashiyama Station! The fee was only 150 yen. We soaked our feet in the hot water for about 10 minutes, then our bodies warmed up for a while.


Secondly, we visited the Tenryu Temple. It had a very beautiful garden! We walked around there with talking and taking pictures. Lots of people may think that the most beautiful and attractive seasons are spring and autumn because they can see cherry blossoms and red leaves. However, through this trip, I understood that summer was great, too! When I saw a lot of trees and flowers, I really felt energetic!!



Thirdly, we rode a rickshaw: a jinrikisya. Cool breezes were so comfortable!


We experienced magnificent nature in Kyoto.
Let me know your latest news!
See you

1 comment:

Thomas Pals said...

Hi Yumiko,

It looks like you had a great time in Kyoto. I had fun when I was there with my brother in June. There are so many interesting places to see there. I like your pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Enjoy the last few days of vacation!!