Thursday, September 20, 2007

Trip to Sendai

Hi, I'm Mayumi.
First of all, thank you for celebrate my birthday! I was really surprised to read the post, and felt HAPPY
So I'll tell you how I spent my birthday.
I went to Sendai, Miyagi prefecure, from 15 to 17 with my friend.
You know I'm interested in Japanese Histroy, especially Sengoku Era. What's more, I decided my graduation papers's theme as Masamune Date, one of the famous generals.
He is from O-shu, the ancient name of the northeastern region, and floulished there.
So I went to Sendai to reserch his history, and the buildings he built.

9/15
When I arrived at Sendai, I met Masamune!!!
Well, it's an only statue, but I was excited.
This day, I went to a little shrine.
Can you believe that I talked with the man who are descentant of certain warrior!?
9/16
Second day was really busy!
I visited old castle, temples, museums in Sendai, and move to Matsushima.
Can you imagine this is a kind of mousoleum?
This is Zuiho-den where Masamune Date buried.

In the trace of the Aoba Castle, I coule met him again♪
There were only statue and monument. I wish I coule see the castle;;
Also, in the museum, I could learn a lot about his life and watch many exhibits. Many of thema are really brilliant!!

Then we went to Matsushima. It took us about 30 minutes by train.
Do you know Matsushima is one of the famous beautiful scenery in Japan. Miyajima, Ama-no-Hashidate, and Matsusima called "Nihon san(3) kei".

Sorry, I'm not good at taking pictures;;
It was really beautiful scenary, I thought. I moved to watch this.
You have to mind that there are a lot of good place in JAPAN, too.
And there, we visited a lot of temples.
At the one of them, visiters can make a bead. I made my own one♪ If you are interested in it, maybe I always wear, so you can notice it.
This is my dinner☆

You know, Sendai is famous for Gyu-tan (tongue of beef) !
I've never eaten like this delicious one!!!
9/17
This day was the last day staying at Sendai.
We went to Shiroishi. Where we should get on train about 50 minutes;;
Shiroishi is a really small quiet town, but I really wanted to go there.
There was a castle in Shiroishi.
In Edo Era, Tokugawa Shogunate ordered that they admit only 1 castle in the each territory. In Date's territory, there was already the Aoba Castle. But Ieyasu admit the Siroishi Castle as an only exception because the lord of Shiroishi Castele, Kojuro Katakura, was an able man.
I like this story, so I want to go there.
During this trip, I could visit a lot of places relate to Masamune Date.
I was really satisfied♪
But if I have a chance I'd like to go there again.
Thank you for reading my long report.
Bye☆

2 comments:

Thomas Pals said...

Mayumi - I heard that Sendai is a very historical place. Thanks for the interesting post and pictures.

suac edc students said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dear MAYUMI!!

I'm Yumiko.
I'm so sorry to be late for saying "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to you...

I wish I were you!
I really wanna go to Sendai!!
Let me know your wonderful stories in Sendai more at SUAC!

See you soon