Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Book Review


Hi, this is Eri from EDC2.
I would like to introduce a book.

The title is "DESERT MOUNTAIN SEA".
There are three real adventure stories of three different women.

Robyn Davidson walked across the desert with her dog Diggity and four camels in Australia. She started from Alice Springs to the west coast. The journey was 2800 kilometers.

Arlene Blum climbed one of the highest mountain in the world. The name of the mountain was Annapurna. She was a leader of a team to climb the mountain, and the members of the team were all women.

Naomi James sailed around the world alone. The journey was 55,000 kilometers. She started from Dartmouth on September 9th, 1977 and came back there on June 8th, 1978.

I think these three women really enjoy their lives. However, in contrast, I have not done what I really want to do yet. The life is short, so I want to challenge something special like them!

No comments: