Monday, March 31, 2008

Women in Business

Hello! This is Kahori.

Today is the last day of March!!
As everyone says, I can't believe that April is coming soon.


Anyway, today, I would like to introduce a book to you.
The title is "Women in Business".
This is a level 4 book of Penguin Readers.

The reason why I chose this book was that I thought that it should be fun for me because I'm hunting a job now.

As I expected, this book was very interesting!
Five women appears on this book who made success in business.

The most interesting story was about Anita Roddick.
Do you know this woman?
I didn't know her first, but I understood after reading the name of The Body Shop.
She founded this company.
She made cheap cosmetics for women, and these products were good for environment!
She was always thinking about environment and poor contries.

In this book, I found a sentence that I love.

"She believed that business was not just about making a profit and that companies should act in a responsible way towards society and towards the earth."

I recommend you to read this book!
I had felt nervous for working in future, but I thought positive after reading this book.

2 comments:

Kanako said...

Hi! I also read this book and my favorite section is The body shop as well. Once I saw your blog, i could't help being excited! Do you have any books you recommend me? Anyway,I hope you can do your best in your job hunting! But don't set yourself too much pressure!

suac edc students said...

Hi, Kanako. Thank you for your comment.
I'm glad to know that you read this book, too! The section of Body Shop is really interesting, isn't it? However, it is only a book that I have read. I'm so sorry. If I read other interesting books, I will inform you soon!
Anyway, my job hunting will almost finish!! I appreciate your kindness♪
Kahori