Saturday, March 1, 2008

St. Patrick's Day is coming

Hello everyone,

I have enjoyed reading your posts. It looks like everyone is enjoying spring vacation. I can't believe it is already March. Time to start planning for the next semester.

Next semester we will read a book by a famous Irish writer. Does anyone know anything about Irish culture? We will learn about it in EDC 3, but here is a preview. March 17 is St. Patrick's Day. Many Irish people enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day with a parade, music, dancing, eating and drinking, and wearing something green. I have included a clip of some Irish dancing from a show called Riverdance. I saw this show many years ago in Boston. It was thrilling. I hope you enjoy it. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Mark



PS:

Because April will be here soon, I just wanted to check with the EDC 3 students about books. First of all, the last book on our list has been changed to another book. We will not read the Surgeon of Crowthorne (do not buy it); instead, we will read the Pelican Brief by John Grisham. It is a level 5 Penguin Reader; I have attached an image of it from Amazon Japan.




Our class reading list is now: Evening Class; Teacher Man; Pelican Brief.
Please let me know if you are able to order these books yourself or if you need me to order them. You can send me a message via English Expeditions or via SUAC mail. I need to know soon because it may take some time for Teacher Man to arrive.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

No comments: