Thursday, February 28, 2008

white day is coming!!

Hi, every one. I'm Ryosuke.

How is your spring vacation goin on? Right now, I'm thinking about what kind of present I should give on white day. Let me tell some story about how white day began.

First of all, white day seems to be started from Japan. Am I the only one who didn't know about that? By the time when Japanese were getting used to valentine day, young people started to give their return. Then the sweet company focused to this situation, and each made their own day to promote selling sweets like cookies and candy.

There are some of the reasons, why it is named with the color ‘’white’’. One is that the sugar used to making the candy was white. Also it is told that one of the sweet company sold white marshmallows in those days. However, Most of them were related with the sweet.

How was the story? I hope you enjoyed it. Maybe I’ll give something warm because the wind in Hamamatsu is getting stronger day by day. I almost got stunned last day when I was riding a bicycle. Enjoy your rest of the vacation!!

2 comments:

suac edc students said...

Hi, Ryosuke!
I enjoyed reading your post because I didin't know the story about White Day.
You don't have to worry what items you return to on White Day, because almost girls like sweets!
I like chocolate, so I'm happy if I got it on White Day.^^

Kahori

suac edc students said...

Hi, Ryosuke.
I also enjoyed reading your story about White Day. White Day is considerd as a special day because it is surely on calendar! Does that mean Japanese campanies made a new history? Wow!! It is very interesting. Thank you for teaching me such a story. I'll keep it in my mind.
Hitomi