Saturday, January 19, 2008

WICKED

Hi!! I'm Miki. I went to Tokyo to see a musical show of gekidanshiki, 'WICKED' during winter vacation.



I like the musical very much Songs were great and impressive, costumes were gorgeous and cute and the story was very interesting.

Have you ever read or seen 'The Wizard of OZ'? I like the movie, too. The story of 'WICKED' is seeing another side of 'The Wizard of OZ'.

Two witches, Glinda and Elphaba appear in both stories. Glinda is the good witch of the south, and Elphaba is the wicked witch of the west. In 'The Wizard of OZ', Glinda and Elphaba are represented completely different way as good witch and bad witch. However, in 'WICKED', they are best friends, and they both have good side and bad side in their character.

'WICKED' also tells us backgrounds of The Scarecrow, The Cowardly Lion, The Tin Man and so on. We can enjoy 'The Wizard of OZ' from another view by 'WICKED'.

'WICKED' is one of the most famous Broadway Musical. In Japan, 'WICKED' started from June, 2007 by gekidanshiki, a Japanese musical company. In Broadway, NY, 'WICKED' started from 2003, and many people love this musical even now.

This is a trailer of the Broadway 'WICKED'.

If you are interested in it, please check the official site of 'WICKED'.

http://www.wickedthemusical.com/

Seeing live musical shows is wonderful I strongly recommend you to see a musical show!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw 'WICKED' on You Tube. I also think their costume is gorgeous. I was impressed with their music!! You are very great because you saw musical in English!! Please recommend other musicals for us.

Thomas Pals said...

Miki - Thanks for your post. I heard just a little about this musical, but now I would really like to go see the show.