Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Book Review

Hi, I'm Takahiro.
Today, I introduce two books to you.



First, I want to tell about "Stories of Courage".
The book is LEVEL 3 of penguin readers and consists of eight true stories.
The most impressing story was about Chico Mendez, a Brazilian.
He was angry at people who made use of Amazon rainforests and made new farms to make their money.
This was why he fought with them and had much efforts to protect the rainforests.
His actions inspired citizens and succeeded changing a part of Brazilian raw--people had to stop clearing the forest in some areas.
However, in 1988, he was killed by someone who was thought as an important man in Brazilian government and business. I want many people in the world to know the fact and to think about the world.

Another book is entiled " DEATH OF AN ENGLISHMAN".
This is LEVEL4 of Oxford Bookworms library.
The place of the story is in Florence, Italy and an Englishman is dead there.
The book describes two police offers, who tries to find who shot him or why the incident happened.
I think the book gave me the thought of the difficulty of policeman.

Since I wasn't accustomed to reading this type of books, it is hard for me to understand the book compelely. So, I will spend my time on reading this type of book!!

2 comments:

suac edc students said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suac edc students said...

Hi, this is Yumika.WOW! did you read two English books?
I read a book"the client". it was good. if you have time. better read this book!